Monday, August 31, 2009

Reaching For My Goal!!!

When I was little I always wanted to be a netball player but I still do.My Mum started to coach me and train me. Days went by and I started to get better and better.So me and my Mum  decided to make a Team. That Team was called the Funky Ferns.We wore pink to represent us and black to represent New Zealand.In my team was Toreka who was my best friend.


Once we were all trained up we played against the Sparkles. When we saw them we all started to giggle because they were really small."Whooo" the whistle blew and the rain started to pour down on us. Running to defend my player I jumped up and passed it to Cameron another friend of mine.She passed it to another player and passed it to Toreka who shot the first shot and it got it in!!!! 

At last the Game finished and we all shaked hands to the other team.We won 24 to nothing. Looking back to this game I thought I was really proud with myself for reaching for my goal ever since I was 5.     

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ala.
    It's so cool how you did a post about our FUNKY FERNS netball team. I wonder why we aren't playing any more. No matter, you're very good at netball indeed. I hope you type another post soon.
    That's all for now.
    Keep up the good work.

    Toreka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ala

    WOW!!!you have great details I just want to ask you a question
    How long have you played netball?

    P.S Reina & Tule

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ala

    What a neat name for a team the "Funky Ferns". Very cool! I love the photo of you in your pink team t-shirt, very nice. I am sure that one day you might represent NZ playing in the Silver Ferns team. Keep up the great work.

    Mrs Lagitupu

    ReplyDelete